LONG FLIGHT OVER VICTORIA FALLS
Flight Duration 25-30 Minutes
- Take off from the helipad and proceed low level over gently undulating landscape with its Baobab trees, Mopani trees and Acacia shrub, to the mighty Zambezi Gorges.
- At rapid number 21 the pilot will gently lower the helicopter into the the belly of the Batoka Gorge with its 800ft towering shoulders of rock. An exciting flight down river past rapid 22 – 23 – 24 – 25 this is where the Jet Extreme/United Air Charter helicopter landing pad is for activities down in the mighty Zambezi.
- At rapid 26, which is a very long and straight rapid, the pilot increases speed to lift out of the gorge, a towering 880 ft above you.
- Once clear the pilot then turns around and heads back to the fall passing several cultural villages underneath.
- At this stage the fall spray will be visible and at approximately 2 miles the pilot climes up to 1500ft above the ground to reveal the Majestic, the Mighty, Victoria Falls.
- The pilot will now spend a few minutes around the falls in the same fashion as the short flight i.e. Orbits right then through the center of the Falls then orbits left through the center and up to the original falls. During this flight the pilot is explaining to the passengers the various important features through the headsets each passenger is wearing.
- The final leg of this spectacular flight is Game viewing.
- The pilot will now proceed over Long Island, and the river on both sides of the Island looking for hippo, elephant and some of the large crocodiles that bask on the banks of the mighty Zambezi.
- Once you have seen this we proceed over to the Mosi Oa Tunya game park where there are several herds of giraffe, buffalo, wildebeest and from time to time elephant who visit the park.
- Time to head back to the helipad and take the time to discuss this wonderful experience over a cool or warm refreshment on the wooden deck at the United Air Charter helicopter landing site because you have just had – “The flight of your life!!”
- Prices will be revised and re-confirmed Quarterly
- Clients may make payment by Cash – USD, Pounds, Rands, Euro or Kwacha.
- Most Travelers cheques are accepted.
- Credit Card – Visa and Master card only - 5% extra will be charged on credit card payments
- Children under the age of 4 years - HALF PRICE